Japan Haulage -Beauty Edition

Hello all!

After a year of being in the corporate world, I decided to treat myself to a little trip, and booked tickets to Osaka, Japan  (*hooorayyyy*). I have always had a soft spot for Japan and the Japanese culture as a whole. I have to say, the main reason why I started falling in love with the country and its culture was due to.... this anime called "Samurai X" #shameless. From then onwards, I started reading about Japan, watching more Japanese movies, heck I even learned how to write "Haiku"- Japanese Poems?

Before my trip to Osaka, I decided to do some research on some "must buy" beauty items from Japan, as the Japanese are well-known for their amazing mascaras (dolly wink, fasio), I wanted to know what else is there out there for me, so here are some of the beauty related items that I got from "the land of the rising sun"




1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. I am absolutely in love with this concealer! Apparently I   am not the only one as it is ALWAYS out of stock here in Malaysia.

2. Suqqu Face Fix Cream Foundation in 002. Phew that's a mouthful! Was intrigued by this brand as Lisa Eldrige (lisaeldridgemakeup.com) and Karima (shamelessfripperies.com) both gave raving reviews about this foundation. A little warning though, Suqqu is slightly more expensive than any other high end brands ( Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown), this foundation alone cost me a whopping RM300. Not cheap, but hey some people splurge on shoes, I like to splurge on skincare and makeup.

3. Suqqu Brow Pen in Moss Green - HANDS DOWN BEST EYEBROW PRODUCT EVER

3. Mascaras - Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara and Fasio Extreme Curl Mascara. I have  always been a fan of Maybelline's The Falsies, decided to go for this one as it has a dual ended side (one for the top lashes and one for the bottom lashes) and also because they don't have this in Kuala Lumpur. I also got one Fasio mascara as I've heard amazing things about them. Will have a review coming up soon!

4. Hakuhudo J146 eye brush. REALLY WANTED A HAKUHUDO BRUSH

5. Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil- one of my favorite cleansing oils ever. Removes everything u can think off, waterproof sunscreen?no problem, foundation?? in a swipe. Favorite thing about it is that it rinses cleaner than its other competitors, ie ( Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, Origins Cleansing Oil, and DHC Cleansing Oil) * check out the pretty limited edition packaging*

6. Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo and Conditioner. I have to admit that the reason I got this was because a) I read somewhere online that this is the reason why Japanese women have such great hair (I think it was from an article on marieclaire.com) and b)because I got both bottles for only RM30!!

So those were some of the beauty related items that I got from Japan. Overall I loved it there. The people, the culture, the fresh clean air, the FOOD, TAKASHIMAYA, hey what's not to love about Japan?! Would definitely go back there!


                                                                   
                                                   (The Beautiful Kinkaku-ji Temple in Kyoto)

Comments

Popular Posts