HOLY GRAIL CLEANSING OIL

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE!

I started to learn about the importance of makeup removal when I was about 21. I used to be the girl who would just brush my teeth, splash some water on my face, slap some moisturizer on and that's it #lowmaintenance. Ohh how things have changed, now, I would remove every single scrap of makeup, cleanse,moisturize and do the whole shhbang regardless of how tired or sleepy I am. Gotta say that I have Youtube to thank for that

So me being the person that I am, I would not stop until I find the perfect makeup remover. So here's a quick look into two of the makeup removers that I have tried for the past few months.




Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm 

First up, is the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (RM120). I got this product as I wanted something to remove my makeup efficiently without leaving any sort of residue or film on my skin. After trying out several cleansing balms/oils with essential oils (Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil, Alpha H Balancing Cleanser, Sei Bella Cleansing Oil) I wanted something less oily and more chemically? I hope that make sense. With a review of 4.3/5 on Makeupalley and raving reviews from some of my favorite beauty bloggers, I decided to take the plunge.

After the first use, my skin felt a bit tight and dry (nothing a good quality moisturiser can't fix). However, after a few weeks of use, my skin started to develop several bumps on areas that I NEVER get spots/bumps ever before! I knew for a fact that this balm was causing it as it was the ONLY thing that I've changed in my routine...and true enough, after a few weeks of discontinued use, my skin was back to its original state. I decided to give this to my sister (who has quite resilient skin) as it was clearly not working for me. I did warn my sister that the product might break her out as it did me, but she decided to try it anyways. 

One month after use, my sister started to have the exact same reaction as I did!Unfortunately, this balm did not work for me or my sister, our skin became extremely dry and tight and we started to break out after about one month of regular use. As you can see from the photo above, this balm is now sitting on my vanity, collecting dust (at least the colour's pretty no?)

 Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil 

Next up, Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil. I have been using this particular product for about 2.5 months and.......... I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with this baby!This beauty cleanses my skin without leaving any sort of film or residue on my skin. More importantly, it removes  everything and I mean EVERYTHING, from waterproof sunscreens to waterproof mascaras. After cleanse, my skin feels perfectly clean but not in any way stripped. Sadly, it is not available here in Malaysia, but you can easily purchase this in Singapore or online at www.ichibankao.com (best online store for anything Japanese). I purchased 2 extra bottles of this on my recent trip to Japan and it was around RM150 for both bottles. Surprisingly though, this also scored a rating of 4.3/5 on makeupalley. 

Guys, it's safe to say that I have finally found my favorite makeup remover!!Granted that it is not available here in Malaysia but nothing will stop me from purchasing it (I'll go to Japan myself if they stop selling this online!) So it's safe to say, that when it comes to cleansing oils the Japanese really know what they're doing. From my recent trip to Japan, I've concluded that Japanese women are typically gorgeous and have amazing skin, so something must be working for them, maybe they're born with it? maybe it's fancl cleansing oil? #maybeitsmaybelline.....

        (Us in Osaka, (check out my favorite brow product in action, Suqqu brow pen in Moss Green)



Comments

Popular Posts