Avene Gentle Gel Cleanser, Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel & Laneige White Plus Renew Bubble Cleanser [Review]

I'm Quya and I'm a skincare-holic.


Happy Sunday everybody! Can't think of any snazzy intro for this post, so lets jump right into it.



Avene Gentle Gel Cleanser [RM79, available at any Guardian/Watsons' outlets]- used this for a year
Where do I start?This was my favorite cleanser back in circa 2012 to 2013, when my skin was far more oily and problematic. I loved how clean my skin feels after each cleanse. I would say that this cleanser is suitable for all my oily-skin ladies/gents out there. It could possibly be too drying for normal to dry skin types. After using it for a year or so, I did realize that my skin can feel a bit "tight" or stripped after I use this, so I decided to give some other gel formulations a try.

Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel [RM115, available at Kens Apothecary- Bangsar Village or One Utama]- used this for 6-8 months
After I ended my one-year romance with the Avene Gentle Cleansing Gel, I decided to give Ren a try, as at the time I was loving their hydra-calm global protection day cream. My favorite thing about this cleanser is how gentle it is. My crazy sensitive skin never ever felt stripped or tight after I use this. I would say that this cleanser would most definitely suit normal/dry skin types. However, while I did love how gentle this cleanser was, I did find that it did not aid in helping to clear out my clogged pores. It seemed like I needed something gentler than the Avene, but stronger than the Ren. #trueloveishardtofindthesedays

Laneige White Plus Renew Bubble Cleanser [RM90, available at any Laneige counters in Parkson,Isetan,Aeon, or Sephora]- used this for 4 months

Remember my previous post about trying out more products from Laneige? Well this was one of it. I started using it in July 2014, and have just finished one whole bottle. To sum this up- I LOVE THIS SHIZZZ. For my current skin type (normal/combination), I think that this is the perfect cleanser. It's gentle enough, but it's also very effective at cleansing all the dirt and grime that our skin comes in contact with on a daily basis. I would say that this cleanser is suitable for people with normal/sensitive skin.

Out of the 3 cleansers, none of them ever broke me out or made things worst. However, I did find that the Avene cleanser was making my skin dry/flaky on some days. I will be repurchasing the Laneige cleanser after I finish using the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser that I am currently using. I got this in a set that comes with my beloved facial radiance pads, so I decided to give them a spin. So far so good, verdict will be posted soon.

That's all from me today folks. Who's not ready for work tomorrow?BOO, stay strong my fellow corporate slaves!

Comments

Popular Posts