Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads [Review]


About a month ago, I purchased these Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads in the hopes that it will give me the "glow" that I'm looking for. Before I proceed, here's some background on my skin type. In general, I would describe my skin as "normal". It is neither oily nor dry. I rarely suffer from any type of inflammatory acne, however, I do get some congestion around my jaw-line especially during "that time of the month". On top of that my skin is also extremely sensitive and reactive. It reacts to products that it does not like within the first month of use.

Despite the name, it is not necessarily for mature women/men. It is merely just a gentle chemical exfoliant that is meant to get rid of the dead skin cells on your face. I would categorize it as being in the same league as the infamous Alpha-H Liquid Gold (my skin did not get along with this product), Zelens PHA+Bio Peel Pads or the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads.

I have been using these pads twice a week for about a month, and I can safely say that my skin has not reacted negatively to this product. In terms of it's efficacy, I would say that it has helped cleared out some congested areas on my skin, but I am not 100% satisfied with the results yet. I will be increasing my frequency of usage, probably up to 3 to 4 times a week to see how my skin reacts. So far any congested areas has been cleared up, and it has not caused any adverse effects on my skin. 

However, I did experience some "mild peeling" of the skin when I started incorporating this product into my routine. Like I mentioned just now, my skin is extremely sensitive, hence it would react to any sort of new addition to my skincare routine.

Overall, I would say that this product is suitable for most skin types. It is formulated without alcohol- my skin's number one enemy, so that's a big plus in my books. If you are looking for a gentle chemical exfoliant to amp up your skincare routine, this would be your best bet especially if you have sensitive skin. This product retails at RM188 (for 60 pads) and is available at any Sephora outlets (KLCC, Paradigm Mall, Bukit Bintang & Sunway Pyramid). 






Comments

Popular Posts